Science

alec baldwin lawsuit

Alec Baldwin has sued Armorer and several other crew members involved in the “Rust” production for negligence for over a year while he was discharging a gun, Cinematographer Helena Hutchins murdered and injured director Joel Souza on the set of a western film in New Mexico. In the lawsuit, Baldwin alleged that he was not responsible for the safety of the set, and that he did not know that the gun contained live rounds.

The lawsuit, filed Friday, alleges that Hannah Gutierrez-Reid “failed to carefully examine the bullets or gun;” Assistant Director David Halls “failed to examine the gun carefully and nevertheless declared that the gun was safe before being handed over to Baldwin;” And prop master Sarah Zachary “failed to reveal that Gutierrez-Reid was acting recklessly off-set and was a safety risk to those around him.”

Furthermore, Baldwin, who was one of the film’s six producers, “did not know these facts and had no reason to know any of these facts,” the suit reads.

Shooting took place inside a church building on a film set outside Santa Fe on October 21, 2021. According to a search warrant filed by Santa Fe County Sheriff’s investigators, Baldwin was sitting on a wooden crate, opening his prop gun and pointing at the camera as he fired it.

The trial alleges that Baldwin “pulled back and then released the hammer” and fired the gun, attacking 42-year-old Hutchins and 48-year-old Souza. Hutchins suffered injuries in the chest and Souza in the shoulder.

Baldwin has repeatedly said that it was an accident, he insisted. did not pull the trigger, But the FBI’s forensic report found that the weapon could not be fired until the trigger was pulled, according to the Associated Press. The New Mexico medical investigator’s office determined Hutchins’ death to be accidental.

In the days following the shooting, Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza confirmed that the loaded firearm was “handled and/or inspected” by Gutierrez-Reid and Hall before being fired by Baldwin.

The lawsuit says that Gutierrez-Reed explicitly told Baldwin not to check guns on set—that it was his job to do so. However, the lawsuit alleges that he did not inspect the gun properly before handing it to Baldwin. It also claims that she was in disarray, had scattered ammunition in the set, and failed to secure the weapons.

Hall, for his part, according to the trial, either failed to examine the gun or to report his concern about a round in the gun, he reportedly told one witness, more than the others. looks different. Instead, he told Baldwin that the gun was “cool” or safe to use.

The lawsuit also includes Seth Kenney and his company, PDQ, as defendants, which supplied most of the arms and ammunition on set.

The trial includes photographs of a disorganized location where weapons and ammunition used on the “Jung” set were allegedly kept. It is also stated that investigators found several live rounds of ammunition on the “Rust” set, and that the FBI detected live rounds with Blank during a search of the PDQ.

“As a prop supplier, Kenny and PDQ (located at 126 Monroe Street) should not have stored live ammunition in the same disorganized premises, let alone mixed it,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit also presents emails sent between Baldwin and others asking who is in charge of the guns on set and requesting gun training prior to filming. According to the lawsuit, the email reveals that he was not involved in Armorer’s recruiting and that he “takes security seriously and wants to ensure he receives the security training available on the Rust set.”

This firing has led to a number of lawsuits. Last year, “Rust” script supervisor Mamie Mitchell sued Baldwin and other manufacturers said they should have investigated the gun themselves. Since then, several other lawsuits have been filed while the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office report on incident Prosecutors have been handed over to prosecutors for possible charges.

Mendoza described “a degree of neglect” on the set of “Rust,” but is leaving decisions about potential criminal charges to prosecutors.

Last month, the family of Baldwin and Hutchins reached an agreementAnd the actor announced that filming would resume.

Baldwin’s lawsuit states that the 67-year-old actor has been “wrongly viewed as the perpetrator of this tragedy.”

“The suffering caused by these events has caused him physical and emotional harm,” the lawsuit said. “Not a day goes by when he doesn’t think about what happened that day and suffers.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button