The Interior Ministry is implementing a new warning system to alert the population of any emergency or disaster situation. ‘ES-Alert’, as it is called, It was tested yesterday in Andalusia, Asturias and Cantabria And in the next few days it will be tested in other autonomous communities as well:
- 24 October: Andalusia, Asturias and Cantabria.
- 27 October: Valencian Communities, Extremadura and Galicia.
- November 2: Aragon, Balearic Islands, Catalonia, Madrid, Murcia and Navarra.
- November 10: Canary Islands, Castilla y León, Ceuta and Basque Country.
- November 16: Castilla-La Mancha, La Rioja and Melilla.
We are doing real check of alert system from ️1️⃣1️⃣2️⃣ to mobile phone.
– DG Civil Defense and Emergencies. Spain (@protectioncivil) 21 October 2022
Mobile broadcasts to users within these regions will start on the selected test day make a beep and vibrate non-stop until the notification message is read and ‘OK’ is clicked.
Test notices will clarify that this is an ‘ES-alert’ test, but the Spanish government hopes the measure will make people aware of when an emergency or disaster immediately.
Although this novelty is expected to save more than one life, some individuals may not want to hear the trial notice or may prefer to continue as before. these users You can disable these test alerts On both Android and iOS with a few simple steps.
Disable ‘ES-Alerts’ on Different Operating Systems
- One Android 13: Deactivate ‘Settings’ > ‘Security & Emergencies’ > ‘Wireless Emergency Alerts’ > ‘Civil Protection Pre-Alerts’.
- On earlier versions of Android software: ‘Settings’ > ‘Applications & Notifications’ > ‘Advanced’ > ‘Wireless Emergency Alerts’ > Disable ‘Receive security alert system test messages’.
- On iOS: ‘Settings’ > ‘Notifications’ > Turn off ‘Government Alerts’.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the latest tech news in your email.