Twitter has changed hands. This is no surprise to anyone. But what will happen to the social network is still unknown. Recently, Elon Musk (the new owner) announced that out of the blue verification of the platform would cost money and it was something he had been thinking about for a long time. This new measure and others being considered encourage many people to say goodbye to the applicationHowever, there are some who want to leave their account without saving all the publications they have been doing over the years.
Tweets, photos, videos, private messages… There are plenty of memories to be forgotten during the ‘flying’ off Twitter. fortunately, back up your profile It’s easier than you’d expect.
How to do it from the web version
- go for ‘more options’, is located on the left side of the screen.
- click on ‘Setup and Support’.
- then choose ‘Settings & Privacy’ and enter ‘your account’.
- Once there, all you have to do is choose the option ‘Download a file with your data’ and enter password.
how to do it in app
- slide the screen left to right To see the Settings section of the app.
- Follow the steps mentioned above: ‘Settings & Support’ > ‘Settings & Privacy’ > ‘Your Account’ > ‘Download a file with your data’.
- Lastly, you need to enter your password, just like it would be done on PC.
So you can find the data you are looking for
The notification from your Twitter account will not arrive immediately, but it may take up to 24 hours to send it. When it is ready, it is sent through a .zip file in an email And users have to unzip it to access their data.
Inside the archive there will be a lot of folders:
- collection.html: It contains data on all your tweets, direct messages, recent likes, lists…
- tweet_media: Stores all the images and videos you have uploaded to the app.
- README.txt: If you want to know more about the information stored in detail, it explains what is in each folder.
how to delete your account
If after downloading all the data you want to stop being on social networks because you don’t agree with the decisions that Elon Musk is going to make, you will only have Delete your profile:
arrive again ‘Settings & Support’ > ‘Settings & Privacy’ > ‘Your Account’ > ‘Deactivate Your Account’. For 30 days, users will be able to go back and reactivate their profile, but after that period, their account will disappear completely.