Americans looking to get their holiday shopping spree on Thursday have fewer options than before the pandemic, with more retailers now closing their doors on Thanksgiving Day.
The practice of major retail chains launching in-store Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving came to an abrupt end in 2020, when,
While it was presented as a holiday gift to employees, the idea went over well with the public. For example, in 2021 the goal was announcedFor in-store shopping on Thanksgiving.
In a pinch, shoppers in need of last-minute items or basic necessities will find some retailers open on Thursday, though many with shortened hours. Here’s a list of which retailers will be closed and open on Thanksgiving Day.
Store Closed on Thanksgiving
- apple store
- bed Bath and Beyond
- best Buy
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- dick’s sporting goods
- home depot
- jc penney
- neiman marcus
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Sam’s Club
- tj max
- trader Joe’s
Stores Open on Thanksgiving
- Acme – Open 7am to 4pm
- Bass Pro Shop – Open 9am to 6pm
- Large Lots – Open 7am to 1pm
- CVS – Pharmacy locations will be open 24 hours.
- Dollar Tree – Open 8am to 9pm
- Family Dollar – Open 9am to 9pm
- Giant – Stores will close at 2 PM
- Kroger – Most stores open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Meijer – Main stores open 6am to 5pm
- Michaels – Open 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
- Safeway – Open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sprouts – Open 7am to 2pm
- Walgreens – Most 24-hour stores will be open all day.
- Wegmans – stores will close at 4 p.m.
- Whole Foods – Open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.